Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

After applying for a new refiance with same lender, and supplying

After applying for a new refiance with same lender, and supplying all documents, such as tax returns for 2011 and 2012, and transcripts for these years, bank deposits for rents received for rental properties, along the leases agreements, also bank statements show social security deposit, pension deposit every month, which my tax returns shows all my income for the years 2011 and 2012, now the lender wants a letter from wells fargo bank, indicating an explanation for such a big deposit, of 1900 dollars, also a award letter from pension award, and now social security award letter. Well Im not complying with these requests, I think now its racial profiling, and do I have grounds to sue this agency, this is my 3rd refiance with the same agency...? Armando Romo Oh by the way, I have never been late on my payments..4 months advanced payments, and have credit score report 820 plus..they keep asking for more info, when they have what they need in the tax returns.

Hello Armando, and thanks for submitting this question. I can assure you that you are not being racially profiled. Even if you were, you would have no more than a right to file a complaint against the lender with Fannie. What they are doing is either trying to discourage you from refinancing to a lower rate, or just following new (last 3-4 years) lending criteria which are stupidly strict.
($1,900 a big deposit? That's ridiculous. And who the heck puts phony income on their tax returns anyway.) It's time to take your application either up to supervisor level, or to another lender who might appreciate having a good customer on their books.I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating. If you have any follow up questions please send back a Reply. You should consult a local attorney to verify that this information is accurate for your state. Thank you for using Pearl.com- Just Answer. We appreciate your business.