How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31688
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kirk, Part of my last question was he uses his old attorney

This answer was rated:

Part of my last question was he uses his old attorney on his bk papers, his old attorney told me they have not represented him for a year. Is that legal to put this attorney on papers when he is not representing him

Hi - I'm so sorry that I overlooked that!

If the person KNOWINGLY made a false statement on documents that were filed with the court, that is fraud/fraudulent misrepresentation - - so it's not ok legally.

The problem is proving that this person intentionally did this knowing full well that this attorney wasn't representing him. If the guy says he thought the attorney was representing him/or was going to represent him, but he was mistaken, that's probably the end of it.

However, if this guy signed papers/forged the attorney's name, then that's certainly an issue.

Roger and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions