benber150
benber150, Lawyer
Experience:  In general practice for over 32 years
29685164

we had fallen behind in our mortgage payments, and received

we had fallen behind in our mortgage payments, and received a letter stating that they were closing our tax escrow account, and reducing our payments. However they still want us to pay the payments with the escrow amount until May first, we are argueing against that and asking to bring our account current under the new agreement starting in march rather then may. Do we have any legal recourse?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

The lender is within their legal rights in what they ahve adviised you. Note, when you fell behind in your payments, you violated the terms of the original agreement. Likewise, any new agreement is subject to being accepted by the lender. And as part of accepting that agreement, they can require that the original May payment be received first.