How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 20363
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. experience with Real Estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to sell my home but I am in prison, can my mother

This answer was rated:

I am trying to sell my home but I am in prison, can my mother sign my closing escrow papers if she has a notarized power of attorney. The property is located in North Carolina.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, as long as the POA specifically covers real estate transactions, then your mother can sign as your "attorney in fact" (POA) on the closing documents.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if possible.
Marsha411JD and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello again,

I wanted to thank you for the rating. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: