Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. experience with Real Estate
19127644

I am trying to sell my home but I am in prison, can my mother

I am trying to sell my home but I am in prison, can my mother sign my closing escrow papers if she has a notarized power of attorney. The property is located in North Carolina.

Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, as long as the POA specifically covers real estate transactions, then your mother can sign as your "attorney in fact" (POA) on the closing documents.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if possible.
Hello again,

I wanted to thank you for the rating. It was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/