How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41593
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do I get the form I need to give to the court for filing

This answer was rated:

Where do I get the form I need to give to the court for filing a lien against someone who
owes me money for completed work and has been notified wiith a certified letter?

RayAnswers : Thanks for your question and good morning.Here are construction lien forms for Wisonsin to allow you to file this in the county where the property is located.
RayAnswers :
RayAnswers : This site would walk you through the process.
RayAnswers :
RayAnswers : It is very important that you follow the pre lien notice requirements and steps set out in the reference above.
Customer: Then all I need to do is fill out the form and bring it to the clerk of court with my proof of notice giving him 30 days and I am all set. Correct?
RayAnswers : Yes that would get the construction lien on file and get the process started.You may also want to consider a lawyer locally to help.The lawyer would also seek lawyer fees and costs from the party that owes you money.
RayAnswers :
RayAnswers : This is lawyer referral service through your state bar and they can help you locate and get low cost consult with a local lawyer.
RayAnswers : I appreciate the chance to assist and chat with you today.I wish you good luck collecting what you are due in this matter.
RayAnswers : Once you get this on file it will cloud title tot he property until paid.
RayAnswers : I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.This communication does not establish an attorney client relationship here.Information provided is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.
RayAnswers : You also have the option to sue the party in small claims up to $10k limit.
RayAnswers : Here is reference to that option.
RayAnswers :
RayAnswers : This would get you a judgment against the debtor and you could then seek to collect it as well as lien all their real property.
RayAnswers : Thanks again for letting me help you today.It has been my pleasure to do so.
Ray and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you