How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9333
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal for anyone to enter another persons name into

This answer was rated:

Is it legal for anyone to enter another person's name into a Grant Deed without 1) the person's knowledge or written consent, 2) including the person into the property's motgage loan, 3) full payment of the property's loan?
Re: Condo in Foreclosure in LA, CA.
Thanks for your time.
A deed is only effective upon delivery to the grantee, so adding a name onto an existing deed would not pass any title to the person whose name was added.

Usually a person cannot be added to a mortgage without consent of the lender, as again, adding a name onto an existing mortgage would not be legally effective in the situation you describe.

A foreclosure will affect anyone in possession of the property who is there by leave of the owner. If the owner loses possession of the property, his guests would also lose possession. Tenants with a bona fide rental agreement are given more time to vacate than the owner.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer!

Related Real Estate Law Questions