How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  30+ years NYC R.E.litigation & closings; contract law professor.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in May 2012 I signed a lease to purchase agreement in Chewela

This answer was rated:

in May 2012 I signed a lease to purchase agreement in Chewela WA. I am the owner and live in OK. They have had one excuse after another not to pay from the beginning Now they say the taxes and insurance are my responsibility by law The contract says they are I am afraid they are trying to steal the property from under me. I intend to send a registered letter demanding all monies in arrears or its a breach They claim they owe nothing. Please help

Hi and welcome


First of all, you are correct. All transactions for the sale of land must be in writing to be enforceable. So no subsequent oral "agreements" are enforceable.


Send them a certified letter RRR telling them they are in breach of contract and demand all money owed. Sue them for breach of contract for the sale AND bring proceedings to evict them as tenants. You will eventually get a judgment and the marshal will put them out on the street if necessary.


Remember, this is not legal advice. Contact an attorney in your area. The best source is Martindale=Hubbell ( This is a reference guide we lawyers use to locate other attorneys by specialty and geographic location.......highly rated, not just a book where attorneys buy advertisements.


Please accept my answer and rate it 3. 4 or 5 so I can get credit for my answer.



rvlaw and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions