Hello, I am happy to assist you today.
Yes, this does sound really extreme. Unfortunately, it is very typical. Even though this is legal, there is something you can do about it.
First, if they are not living up to their side of the bargain here, then you have the right to do something about that. Also, you have the right to get the rules and by laws changed, so that those fees are no longer required, or are lowered.
You need to get a copy of the by laws and rules and see what the rules are for protesting and changing existing rules. You may have to get the other owners together and sign a petition and submit it to the board. Either way, you can get this changed.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Please do not rank my answer until we finish discussing.
· This is my full-time job, not a hobby. If you do not “ACCEPT” my answer, or rate my service “Poor” or “Bad”, the system will keep all of your money and I will not get paid.
· My answer is meant to help educate you about the law, and I promise to give you the best answer possible.
· I will receive only half of the amount that you pay for your question. Multiple accepts or tips are greatly appreciated.
· If I do not reply immediately I might be offline or working with another customer. Please be patient, I will get back to you quickly!
· Please note that even if my answer is not what you were hoping for, I have given you a complete answer and can not control if the law is against you. A favorable rating would be appreciated.
· If you don’t accept my answer, or give me a poor or bad rating, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive no credit or payment for my work with you.
To request me in the future, please start your question with "To KimberlyLaw".