Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In Los Angeles, are rates to refy an apartment building about

the same as a home...
In Los Angeles, are rates to refy an apartment building about the same as a home mortgage? Where do I find a list of rates?
4/27/2013
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Hi Scott: Commercial rates tend to be a little higher than residential and also for shorter terms, i.e. 15 years rather than 30. Nobody publishes rates, so you have to go shopping. You can search LA commercial mortgage rates, and get names of lenders to contact.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business.

Ok, so by a little more, if homes are currently at, what, 3.5%?, are apartment buildings, generally speaking, at 3.9% or higher like 1.5% more?

Are the rest of the terms similar, such as an option for interest only for a while?

I don't want the exceptions to the rules, but more the norm.

thanks

You might be looking at 5 - 5.25 depending on your financial condition and the project itself. Terms are always individually negotiated. It's all depends on the risk assessment which is a function of analyzing the LTV ratio and the borrower.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer