Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

when are the minutes presented during the annual condo meeting.

Some owners are requesting them...
when are the minutes presented during the annual condo meeting. Some owners are requesting them early
3/21/2013
Thomas Swartz
Hello JACUSTOMER,

There is no Vermont statute providing when minutes must be presented to condo owners. And where there is no specific statute dealing with the governance of a condo, it is the condo's bylaws which controls. But if there is nothing in your bylaws stating when they must be provided, then they really can be provided at any time. But just by tradition and custom, the minutes of the past meeting are usually read at the beginning of a meeting and voted on to be approved. You could send them out early for the convenience of the condo owners. And perhaps, if your bylaws are silent on this issue, you should consider amending your bylaws to specify when minutes should be provided to the owners.

Thomas
Thomas Swartz