Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Is Florida a good state to become a Real Estate Leasing Agent?

Are there enough rentals available...
Is Florida a good state to become a Real Estate Leasing Agent? Are there enough rentals available for a Real Estate Leasing Agent or are there too many Real Estate Agents and Leasing Agents? Is there a Rental Market for someone to be successful as a Real Estate Leasing Agent? Can someone become a Real Estate Leasing Agent without a Real Estate License in Florida (someone owning their own Real Estate Leasing Company)?
9/6/2012
Ray, Lawyer

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

Customer:

hi

RayAnswers :

There are no formal educational or licensure requirements in Florida to become a leasing agent.There are jobs available in this field here in Florida.You may want to try the online job locators for openings here.

Customer:

ok. Would it be good if I owned my own Leasing Agent company? Is there a market for this?

RayAnswers :

You may want to try and locate a job first to gain experience and then start your own company.That way you will have gained experience in the field.

RayAnswers :

Reference

Customer:

ok thank you for your help that would be a good idea.

RayAnswers :

You are welcme.There are a lot of jobs in this field.Here is one online service with lots of listings.

Customer:

ok. I will look into those. Thank you.

RayAnswers :

Thanks again and good luck on the job search.It may be a good direction for you to try.There is always a rental market since the real estate collapse more renters than ever in Florida.

RayAnswers :

If you can leave positive feedback it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers :

Have a good evening.

Customer:

Thank you. Good night.

Ray, Lawyer
Thanks again and the best to you.

Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can I legally switch from being a leasing agent for an apartment complex where they rent apartments within the complex to a real estate company that show different rental homes to clients in Illinois? Can I later get a 2 year degree in leasing agent and get a real estate agent license with a 2 year degree? Is this legal to do from simply having a leasing agent license, then returning to school for a 2 year real estate license in Illinois?

There are no licensing requirements for a leasing agent in Florida.That would include apartments or houses.

Reference to that issue..
http://www.ehow.com/list_6771540_requirements-become-leasing-agent-florida_.html

And yes if you want to seel property you can get a real estate associates license by completing the requirements including the course hours and the exam.Here are licensing requirments and reference for that.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/LicensureInformation.html

Most realtors here do both.The property mamangement and leasing is steadier and it helps you maintain income in between sales which can be more up and down.I have friends that do both and it helps them keep their income steady.He has many clients that buy investment property--rentals and then hire him to lease it and manage it for them.Again this helps you survive the ups and down of the sales market.

Thanks again.
Ray, Lawyer