J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.
15393114

An LLp has a lien against me but now it does not exists. Do

An LLp has a lien against me but now it does not exists. Do I still have to pay and to whom to get the lien satisfied.?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

If the legal entity is no longer in existence, then you can file a "quiet title" action in order to have the lien removed.

J.Hazelbaker :

This is best done by a local attorney, but it should not cost too much because there will be no party to oppose your complaint.

J.Hazelbaker :

Instead, you would be awarded default judgment and the court would sign off on a new, clear deed.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.