Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

WE paid The Cure Compay DBA Timeshare Cure Company to transfer

WE paid The Cure Compay DBA Timeshare Cure Company to transfer our timeshare out of our name last Sept. They were not going to process the deal until Dec. because we wanted to us some saved points. As far as we can tell this has not been handled and it looks as though we have been scammed. We checked on the company before signing and what we found out by way of computer it was legitimate. Helpp!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
The first thing you need to do here, since they are a BBB accredited business, is you need to file a complaint for breach of contact with the BBB. With a BBB accredited business, these businesses agree to cooperate with the BBB in resolving consumer complaints. Second, if the BBB cannot resolve the breach of contract claim that you have, then you would have to file suit against the company in court to recover your money based on their failure to perform as promised under the terms of your contract.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer OR the HAPPY SMILEY FACE. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”