How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J.Hazelbaker Your Own Question
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4385
Experience:  Extensive experience and training in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J.Hazelbaker is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I disputed items on my credit report that are now resolved

Resolved Question:

I disputed items on my credit report that are now resolved , but the credit report says account in dispute, I called the company to take it off but some are saying they need to investigate it
FNMA wont give me a loan as long as that is on there
I have applied for a loan , and I wont be able to get it because of this
What do I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

You need to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, which oversees the Fair Credit Reporting Act. You can file this complaint online and attach documentation of the resolved accounts.

Here is the web address to file an online complaint:

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker and 8 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you