How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello: If one files motion to substitute party/Plaintiff in

This answer was rated:

Hello: If one files motion to substitute party/Plaintiff in an eviction case, who should sign the motion - the former Plaintiff, the new one or both? (Reason – transfer of interest) Is there any link to a standard form to take a look? Thanks.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

The motion is being made by the current Plaintiff, so that is the person who must sign the motion. There is no standard form for this. You just have to write down the explanation for why the Plaintiff needs to be substituted, and attach a copy of the evidence of the transfer of ownership.

Once that motion is granted, the former Plaintiff is no longer involved, and the new Plaintiff will now proceed with the case normally.

KimberlyLaw and 5 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions