Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We removed wallpaper in clients master bath. Walls had the…

Customer Question
We removed wallpaper in clients...
We removed wallpaper in clients master bath. Walls had the wallpaper had not been sealed so the drywall paper came off with the wallpaper. I did pull back a few places to check on removal,it did seem like it would come off ok. The client had to get drywal people to get walls paint ready. I did say in my propsal that I would make the walls paint ready,that was inpossible for me.The client wants me not to be paid for the removal and pay for the drywall repairs. They are his walls and I removed the wallpaper and I'll pay the drywall people for getting the walls paint ready. would not that be fair?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/19/2012
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Sounds more than fair. It was not your fault that the drywall paper came off. If you get the room paint ready, that's what you agreed to do. If he doesn't pay you for the removal, then you'd be under no obligation to pay for getting it paind ready.

I have answered your question. Please click on ACCEPT so that I will be compensated. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you wish clarification of the answer, please send me a "Reply". If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully request that you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.