How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a business who was served by our property management

Resolved Question:

We are a business who was served by our property management company with an eviction notice. We were served on Saturday and were given 5 days to respond, leaving us very little time to find an attorney. Our response is due tomorrow 12/15/2011 before 4:30 pm and we cannot get an extension unless an attroney signs it. What are my options and are there any attorneys in Torrance California that can take our case same day sign the form we need so that we can file?"
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.


Unfortunately, it is correct that a corporation must be represented by an attorney - it can't be represented by a non-attorney, even if the person owns all or part of the company.


Even though you are on a very short time frame, it takes about 10 minutes for an attorney to draft an entry of appearance form and a motion to continue. The court will usually allow these documents to be faxed or emailed to the court. Thus, it is certainly possible and reasonable that this could be done tomorrow before 4:30.


You can visit and search for a real estate attorney in your area. You could also call the California Bar Association ( for help locating an attorney.

Roger and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you