How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is on the deed of trust for a property. What does

Customer Question

My husband is on the deed of trust for a property. What does this mean? Does he own that property?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.


Being on the deed of trust means that he is liable for a loan/debt against real estate. Property ownership is documented on the property deed, which is a different document. He could be on the deed of trust without being on the deed as an owner.



Roger and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am I entitled to any money he spent on this property?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

I don't understand what you're asking. Can you explain your question?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He was living with his paramore...leading a double life....while still married to me' They purchased this property, put it in her name and he is on the deed of trust. she knew he was married and they did this intentionally. He made the monthly house payments. Am I entitled to reimbursement for any monies he spent at that property?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
I'm not aware of any law that would entitle you to reimbursement of any money he paid on this debt.

However, his actions may make the judge consider increasing his spousal support award to compensate you for his infidelity.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Good night.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Sure. Good luck.

Related Real Estate Law Questions