Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Hi, if my tenants owe me money for utility bill, and they are

Customer Question
not paying it. What can...
Hi, if my tenants owe me money for utility bill, and they are not paying it. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/11/2011
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 6 years ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be glad to help you.

What type of utility bill is this?

Is it under your name or under your tenant's name?
The water bills is under my name, our expired lease states that tenants will pay their own utility bills. This is in Oakland, California. Now, we hired property manager force her to switched to her name. Just to remind you that Oakland is a rent control city.
I will opt out of your question and hopefully a California expert can assist you further.
Thank you.
Hi, just to let you know that I am still waiting for the answer. Thanks.
Tina, Lawyer