How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a mobile home under land contract in 2007. It is on

This answer was rated:

I bought a mobile home under land contract in 2007. It is on paper, but not witnessed, so I don't know if that would hold up in court. I have three more payments to make. The seller filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy in MAY 2011 and the law office JUST sent me a "notice to additional creditors" that arrived today. I assume the bankruptcy is already discharged, since the C41 hearing was in July, 2011. I called the man and he said there is no problem, he will give me the title after I make the last three payments. He said "his attorney" said it wouldn't be a problem. Am I in danger of losing the trailer? Or should it work out as the seller said? The last day for filing claims was October 6, 2011.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.


If the person is in a Chapter 13 case, it takes 3-5 years to complete the plan, so it should not be over.


Also, because a Chapter 13 is a repayment of all debts, you should not be in peril of losing your property.


I would recommend that you contact the debtor's attorney to discussing getting approval from the bankruptcy court to allow him to transfer the property to you once it is paid off and to make sure that the trustee is aware of your ownership of the property and that the money from your payments is actually being applied to his payment plans to the trustee.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have contact info for his attorney, but how do I contact a trustee? All I have is a clerk name, and the creditor contacts were supposed to have been made at our local courthouse. Will I need to go there?




You can contact the court clerk's office and ask them to look up the case and give you the name of the trustee assigned to the case.


They will be able to give you the trustee's name and contact information.

Roger and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you