Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Recently paid off mortgage,and have release lien; now need to change from warranty deed wi

Customer Question
th vendors lien (Old) to...
Recently paid off mortgage,and have release lien; now need to change from warranty deed wi th vendors lien (Old) to Deed with Joint tenancy with survivorship wording. In Texas, Tarrant Co, How do I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/18/2011
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Richard, Lawyer

Good morning. You need only do a quit claim deed from the existing owners as tenants in common being the grantors to the owners as joint tenants with right of survivorship as grantees. The grantors will need to sign the deed, have it witnessed and notarized, and then recorded in the Tarrant County real property records. That's it!

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

OK so I need a quit claim deed filled out, signed and notarized by me and my wife,and filed. Do I need to contact a lawyer to do this, or can I go somewhere online to complete this.

You don't need a lawyer. I'll provide you a form to complete.....

STATE OF _______________ )

) QUIT-CLAIM DEED

COUNTY OF __________ )

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS that ________________________., (hereinafter "Grantor") in consideration of the sum of One Dollar ($1.00) to the Grantor in hand paid at and before the sealing of these presents by _________________________________ (hereinafter called "Grantees"), the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, has granted, conveyed, remised, released, and forever quit-claimed, and by these presents does grant, convey, remise, release and forever quit-claim unto Grantees, their heirs and assigns, all of its right, title and interest including any remainder interest, in the following described property:

[Property Description]

Together with all and singular the rights, hereditaments and appurtenances to said premises belonging or in anywise incident or appertaining; to have and to hold all and singular the premises before mentioned unto the Grantees, and the Grantees' heirs and assigns forever, so that neither the said Grantor nor Grantor's successors and assigns, nor any other person or persons claiming under Grantor shall at any time hereafter by any way or means, have, claim or demand any right or title to the aforesaid premises or appurtenances, or any part or parcel thereof, forever.

WITNESS the Grantor's hand and seal this _____ day of ________________, 20__.

{Signatures appear on following page}

Signed, sealed and delivered in the [Grantor Signature Block]

presence of the following witnesses:

_______________________________

_______________________________

STATE OF ________________ )

) A C K N O W L E D G M E N T

COUNTY OF ___________ )

Subscribed, sworn to and acknowledged before me by ____________________, Grantor, this ________ day of ____________________, 20__.

(L.S.)

Notary Public for _____________

My commission expires:

Like this?

QUIT-CLAIM DEED

STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF TARRANT

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS that Daniel Wayne Smith and Wife, Mary XXXXX XXXXX, tenants in common, (hereinafter "Grantor") in consideration of the sum of One Dollar ($1.00) to the Grantor in hand paid at and before the sealing of these presents by Daniel Wayne Smith and Mary XXXXX XXXXX, as joint tenants with right of survivorship (hereinafter called "Grantees"), the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, has granted, conveyed, remised, released, and forever quit-claimed, and by these presents does grant, convey, remise, release and forever quit-claim unto Grantees, their heirs and assigns, all of its right, title and interest including any remainder interest, in the following described property:

Lot 22, Block 2, BRENTWOOD ESTATES SUBDIVISION, City of Keller in Tarrant County Texas; according to revised Plat recorded in Volume 388-191, Page 57, Plat Records, Tarrant County, Texas.

___________________________

Daniel Wayne Smith

__________________________

Mary XXXXX XXXXX

Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of the following witnesses:

Signature ______________________________

Print Your Name ______________________________

Print Your Address ______________________________

STATE OF TEXAS

) A C K N O W L E D G M E N T

COUNTY OF _TARRANT

(L.S.)

Notary Public for _____________

My commission expires:

Exactly...nicely done!
Great...one last question: I have a signed, witnessed, Community Property Survivorship Agreement (CPSA) that covers all our property (house, cars, everything). Does this (CPSA) do the same thing for the house as the quitclaim document? Thanks...Promise last question.
Yes.
Richard, Lawyer
Richard, Lawyer