Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

i am in a dead spot with the local zoning board. I have a business

Customer Question

i am in a dead spot with the local zoning board. I have a business i would like to open on my property. the zoning board refuses to write a letter of determination because they want me to get a use permit. The uses written in the zoning are so close to what i want to accomplish that paying for a use permit seams wrong. I have also learned recently that the zoning board is not payed by the government but has to generate its own revenue so it feels like they are pushing me to a use permit and charging me around 25,000 dollars to be able to run my business so they can eran a pay check. Also i was told i would have to pay up front and there would be a chance it will not go through.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Exactly what are you attempting to utilize the property for, and and are teh zoning permissions set currently? You stated that they are very similar, could you explain?