How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a joint owner in a house, the joint owner lives in the

Customer Question

I was a joint owner in a house, the joint owner lives in the home. The court turned the house over to me, I have a quitclaim deed, he had until today to get out of the house, but is not out. What can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Your remedy is to have him legally evicted. You need a copy of your deed, and make sure it is recorded in the registry of deeds. Then you file an eviction proceeding against him. It is best to use a lawyer if you are not familiar with this proceeding.

If he still doesn't move out, the sherriff will come physically move him out on the date of eviction.

Take care,