KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

I was a joint owner in a house, the joint owner lives in the

Customer Question

I was a joint owner in a house, the joint owner lives in the home. The court turned the house over to me, I have a quitclaim deed, he had until today to get out of the house, but is not out. What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Your remedy is to have him legally evicted. You need a copy of your deed, and make sure it is recorded in the registry of deeds. Then you file an eviction proceeding against him. It is best to use a lawyer if you are not familiar with this proceeding.

If he still doesn't move out, the sherriff will come physically move him out on the date of eviction.

Take care,
Kimberly