Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Dont know this could be answered by real estate lawer. This…

Don't know this could be...
Don't know this could be answered by real estate lawer. This is my question. Would it be better to refinace our home plus $50,000 now andfix it up or just dump it at lower price. It is in terrible shape. Thank you Lucinda
9/1/2011
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Hello, Lucinda, I am happy to assist you today.

This is a decision you need to make based on two things. What is your financial situation, and do you really want to stay in your home long term?

If you are in a good financial position and want to stay in the home, it is worth it to fix it up. However, if you imagine moving from this home within 5 years, I would say sell it now in its current condition, buy or rent another place, and save the 50 grand in equity to move forward.

Take care,
Kimberly
KimberlyLaw