Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

Last week, we received a Notice of Sale from a foreclosure

Last week, we received a Notice of Sale from a foreclosure company owned by Bank of America. The sale date is 9/16/11. I just found a company specializing in foreclosure delays. What is a reasonable fee to engage such a company? Also, we have been working patiently with the bank for a loan modification. We were told that we would qualify through the Fannie Mae program, but still after months, we have not heard from the underwriter. Are they using delay tactics? If we hired a real estate lawyer, would we be able to negotiate a payment with the lender (Bank of America) and prevent foreclosure?
Thank you for your question.

Just to be clear, this is not a law firm but a company? Did you check them via the Better Business Bureau to check out their ratings?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not check BBB. I found the company VeriTrust, www.veritrustusa.com through google.
Thank you for your follow-up.

I just went ahead to check the BBB and found no trace of them, which is a very troubling sign. There are very few companies that do this sort of service well, so few that I generally do not suggest it as an option and instead suggest retaining an actual attorney to assist you. The fact they are not listed makes it much more likely that they are not reputable or competent.

As for delay tactics from the bank, it may be possible especially if your home is in a location that has good values on property. That is likely why obtaining counsel is a very good idea since an attorney typically knows how to push such a claim forward faster.

Good luck.