Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Legally can we quick deed half of my california home to a non…

Customer Question
Legally can we quick deed...
Legally can we quick deed half of my california home to a non family member, get money for it, pay taxes and be a legal transaction without going thru escrow?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/1/2011
Real Estate Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer

I am an expert at JustAnswer and will be assisting you. I would like to address a few important issues before answering your question.

Please remember that I receive no credit for assisting you unless you accept my response. You cannot accept when I make an inquiry, rather you can only do so after you have received an answer. I answer questions based on the amount offered and rely on customers to follow through and "accept." Please remember that this is a chat or a dialogue so please reply to me if you have any questions regarding the information I provide.

Please note, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, no legal advice is being provided, no attorney-client relationship will be established and only general information is provided so that you may analyze your situation.

ANSWER:

Yes, a property owner may utilize a quitclaim deed to transfer a portion of property to another owner. There is no requirement for an escrow process or typical closing.

Thank you

Please do not forget to accept the answer if satisfied. I only receive credit for answering your question if you accept and you can continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting.
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer