Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Hello my niece lives in wisconsin, they are behind on rent…

Customer Question
Hello my niece lives in...
Hello my niece lives in wisconsin, they are behind on rent and had their eviction court date today and came home tonight to a notice that they have to be out in 24 hours is their anything they can do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2011
Real Estate Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com with your question. I will provide legal information related to your question.

It sounds like they lost in court and the court ordered that they be out in 24 hours. So no there is nothing they can do. The police will show up in 24 hours if they have not vacated and then they will be forced to move.