How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if one of my tenants husband gets deported to Mexico and she

This answer was rated:

if one of my tenants' husband gets deported to Mexico and she has to move without giving me 30 days' notice, can I keep her deposit?
Absolutely. You can keep the deposit because they still owe rent.

Moreover, they have to give you notice of their new address in writing for you to be liable for not returning their security deposit.

So you can keep the security deposit certainly.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
Law Pro and 6 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks !
You're welcome. Good luck!!!!