Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

if one of my tenants husband gets deported to Mexico and she…

if one of my tenants'...
if one of my tenants' husband gets deported to Mexico and she has to move without giving me 30 days' notice, can I keep her deposit?
9/1/2011
Law Pro, Lawyer
Absolutely. You can keep the deposit because they still owe rent.

Moreover, they have to give you notice of their new address in writing for you to be liable for not returning their security deposit.

So you can keep the security deposit certainly.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
Law Pro, Lawyer
thanks !
You're welcome. Good luck!!!!