Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years extensive experience in real estate law, foreclosure, finance, and landlord tenant law.
11688690

if a landlord knows that her tenant has been burgling neighborhood

if a landlord knows that her tenant has been burgling neighborhood homes, does the landlord have to evict the tenand under california law?
No, she doesn't have to evict them - - but she can evict them based on them being convicted of such.

The issue is - they really must be using the apartment as part of the crime - like hiding the stolen goods there. If that is the case she can give the tenant 3 days notice to vacate.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks. i believe she was after my medical marijuana that i have a prescription for; so if she took that, she would be keeping the stolen goods in her little house.

she has been caught in our house 3 times now, after the 2nd time i called the sheriff and a deputy came looking for her to talk to her and explain what trouble she would get in if arrested, but i don't know if she talked to her or not.

maybe i just call the sheriff's office again and let them do whatever they do to someone who burgled my house 3 times ?? i just want her to leave us alone, not specifically to get her in trouble, but sheesh ! i was going to tell her landlord and let them evict her..

The LL could evict her. If she was burglarizing your property for your medical marijuana - then I'm sure she would be taking it back to her apartment. As such, the apartment would be involved and the LL could immediately give them 3 days notice to vacate.