How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a business renter who is 4 months behind in rent, also

Resolved Question:

We have a business renter who is 4 months behind in rent, also has not paid electric bill. We want him out. We have sent a certified letter stating that he needs to vacate the premises. He has a lot of stock in his building (tires) and we have been told we can't move them. We have another renter waiting to use this space, and would like to get the present renter to leave. Any suggestions ?? We are in Delaware.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.


The first thing to do is read the default and eviction sections of your lease agreement with the tenant and follow those procedures for notice.


After that you will need to file for a formal eviction with the court system if the tenant does not vacate per your notice to vacate. The rules governing the eviction process are found at the link above.


Look at Section 5117....and 5502..and chapters 57:


5502 tells you that you have to give at least 5 day eviction notice and it also tell you what needs to be included in the notice for the notice to be valid.


Chapter 57 tell you the steps to file for a summary eviction proceeding..see 5704 to 5708..and the other sections around it...


Once you file the suit the court will require the tenant to appear and answer. If he does not, the court will grant you an eviction order by default. If he does appear and has not valid defenses, the court will grant you an eviction order after the hearing.




If you have any follow up questions, let me know.





If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press “ACCEPT”.

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with “This question is for Maverick”.









Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already knew what was answered
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.
What specifically were you looking for?
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

What specific information were you looking for? Did you view the link I gave yo for a sample petition to get started on the eviction? There is no way for me to know what you may or may not already have known unless you tell me under the "Already Tried Section"



Maverick and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need to take the time to look into the links you provided. Have not been able to really do that yet. Thanks.


Related Real Estate Law Questions