How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask evanesq Your Own Question
evanesq, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1007
Experience:  20 years of experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
evanesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I put a lien on property for money owed me

Resolved Question:

How do I put a lien on property for money owed me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  evanesq replied 6 years ago.
You can't just place a lien against property because someone owes you money. You need to file a law suit over the dispute and win, whether by trial or default- and that judgment becomes a lien against all property owned by the debtor.

In your state, there is no additional paperwork- a filed judgment is automatically a lien.

Good luck. If you have more questions, please reply. Otherwise, kindly click the green "Accept" button to close this thread. Best wishes.
evanesq and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you