How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was digging a pond on my property in PA. I was ordered to

Customer Question

I was digging a pond on my property in PA. I was ordered to stop and told I will be penalized and have to form a restoration plan to replace the hole I dug. The land was listed as agricultural on the farm service maps and all the surrounding land was corn and hay in 2006. I was told I would need a permit, because they considered it a wetlands. I asked about a permit and the DEP told me that if it was a development he would consider it, but not as my own private property. I need some information and possibly representation in the near future.
[email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
The permit has to come from the Army Corps of Engineers, under section 404 of the Clean Water Act.

I believe the application form is this:

PA has 3 different ACE districts, see
click PA then click the part of the State that you are in and you should be directed to the proper district office.

For example, if you click central PA you are directed to

I hope this information is helpful.