Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer,Former Broker and Just Answer Legal Mentor
1723468

in regards XXXXX XXXXX condominium apartment, is the unit owner responsible

in regards XXXXX XXXXX condominium apartment, is the unit owner responsible to replace a shower pan or is it the responsibility of the building.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.

Unless otherwise stated in the grant deed or governing documents of the condo association, the owner of the unit is responsible for the replacement. The building is only responsible for the common areas of the unit; not the inside of the unit.

If this is a rental situation, then the owner of the unit (the landlord) is responsible as they owe the tenant responsibility to maintain the unit habitable. Now if the damages to the pan were as a result of the tenant's own doing, then the landlord is excused from such repairs.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.