How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31692
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting re married and my ex wife and I equally own a

Resolved Question:

I am getting re married and my ex wife and I equally own a home together. She insists that I sign a legal document stating my new wife would have no opportunity to gain interest in the home if I was to pass or in any other manner. Is there a standard legal document that we could fill out?


Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney here to assist you.


Your new wife needs to issue a quitclaim deed to you and your ex-wife for any interest in the property at issue. This will cause any right your wife may have to the property to be transferred to the two of you - this will eliminate any chance that she would have a right to inherit.


This is the only way to make this happen for sure because you can't stop your wife from inheriting from you if you were to pass away before her.



Roger and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions