How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Lawyer,Former Broker and Just Answer Legal Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If youre on section 8 and you have a landlord who is harrassing

Customer Question

If you're on section 8 and you have a landlord who is harrassing you so you try to move and he will not sign the move out what's next? section 8 will not give you your RTA to see other properties to get away from the mental case. What should you do? Police report filed and trying to get address on person for order of protection.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
The problem with any legal option you take is to locate his physical address. Even if you want an order to vacate, you will still need to have him served. However you don't necessarily have to have him personally served for a complaint where he breaches his landlord obligations (breach of duty of quiet enjoyment). You can have that complaint served at his last known address (typically it is stated in your original paperwork when you lease with the landlord). You can also search title records at the local county recorders office for information. An order of protection requires personal service but another type of lawsuit, such as a breach of landlord duties does not (it can be served by mail). So long as there is proof you served him by mail at the last known address you should be able to have your hearing.


Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If you send the notice should it be also notarized?
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
What type of notice are you referring to?

Related Real Estate Law Questions