Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

If youre on section 8 and you have a landlord who is harrassing

Customer Question
If you're on section 8...
If you're on section 8 and you have a landlord who is harrassing you so you try to move and he will not sign the move out what's next? section 8 will not give you your RTA to see other properties to get away from the mental case. What should you do? Police report filed and trying to get address on person for order of protection.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/1/2011
Real Estate Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
The problem with any legal option you take is to locate his physical address. Even if you want an order to vacate, you will still need to have him served. However you don't necessarily have to have him personally served for a complaint where he breaches his landlord obligations (breach of duty of quiet enjoyment). You can have that complaint served at his last known address (typically it is stated in your original paperwork when you lease with the landlord). You can also search title records at the local county recorders office for information. An order of protection requires personal service but another type of lawsuit, such as a breach of landlord duties does not (it can be served by mail). So long as there is proof you served him by mail at the last known address you should be able to have your hearing.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
If you send the notice should it be also notarized?
What type of notice are you referring to?
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer