How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 12712
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am property owner of a small apartment complex in north

Customer Question

I am property owner of a small apartment complex in north portland, Multnomah county, I recieved "notice of violation-Property maintenance code" the apartments in question need major remodeling wich I am looking forward to doing, however doing this work with the tenants occupieing the units is next to imposible, I found out that I would have to give 60 day no cause evictions to these tenants wich would put me past the citys deadline for incuring fines, Im wondering if there are any laws that could help me in this situation. Do I need to pay for there material posesions to be moved, Do I need to find them alternative housing while I make these repairs, Im under the impretion that anything I do could give the tenants legal rights for a law suit claiming my actions were retaliation, is this true?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law