LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

i signed a quitclaim deed without knowing what I signed. How

i signed a quitclaim deed without knowing what I signed. How do I get this reversed I believe it is a scam. all party,s envoled
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Based on your allegations, it would appear that you are alleging that you were defrauded into signing the Quit Claim deed.

In order to have the transfer set aside by the court, you will need to file a lawsuit against the parties at fault alleging Fraud in the Inducement, and then ask the court to set aside the transfer---thereby returning the property to you.

I wish you the best this holiday season.

Doug

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so what is my first step and what forms do I file?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I can't possibly teach you how to practice law in this forum. The prosecution of a civil fraud case requires a highly skilled and knowledgeable litigation attorney. Unless you are exceptionally brilliant and have hundreds, if not thousands, of hours in which to teach yourself how to litigate a lawsuit---particularly one as complex and difficult to prove as a fraud case---you are simply going to have to retain a local attorney who can draft your complaint and represent you in discovery process and trial in the matter.

I wish you the best.

Doug

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what can we do we do not have money

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what can I do to get this before a judge?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

As I suggested, if you have the time, you may be able to teach yourself how to practice law. You can at least get the lawsuit on file with the court. That will get you before the judge.

Additionally, you might consider going to the police. If it was actual fraud, then it was likely also an unlawful act on their part, and the police may investigate for you as well.

Virtually every county has a law library. You will be able to find the information you need to prepare your pleadings there. If your state has fill-in-the-blank forms, the law library will have copies available. Otherwise, ask the law librarian to show you where the books on Pleading and Practice are located. Generally there are many volumes of Pleading and Practice books from which you can pick the proper one for your situation. While the librarian is typically not a lawyer, and cannot practice law, most are quite willing to assist you in locating the chapter in the Pleading and Practice book which you will need.

Once you have found the appropriate pleading, you will note that in addition to the sample pleading which contains all of the necessary structure for your Pleading, there may also be suggestions to make your pleading more persuasive. Prepare your pleading in accordance with the suggested format in the book, inserting the facts of your case as you know them to be. Then all you will need to do is to draft the pleading on your computer, print it out and file the original with the court while serving the other party, or their attorney, with a copy.

I wish you the best.

Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answer. Until then your payment is simply held by JustAnswer.com and not shared with me. So, please click the ACCEPT icon if my Answer has been informative, and helpful to your understanding of the law. Thanks again.

Doug

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Doug thanks what is the name of the pleading the i need to get a copy of?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 years ago.
Good afternoon,

You will file a lawsuit for Fraud. The pleading is called the Complaint, and the cause of action will be Fraud.

I wish you the best.

Thank you for your
kind words of gratitude. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answer. Until then your payment is simply held by JustAnswer.com and not shared with me. So, please click the ACCEPT icon if my Answer has been informative, and helpful to your understanding of the law. Thanks again.

Doug