Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Have on going noise issue with upstairs neighbor for months.

Customer Question
In 1994 I was deemed...
Have on going noise issue with upstairs neighbor for months. In 1994 I was deemed 100% disabled by Social Security for physical and mental reasons. They stomp and bang on purpose and landlord says they can not make them move. I am 67, they are 18 and about 21. I have had meetings with them in the office, they have made promises, but nothing happens. I am at the end of my limits. Can I go after the couple for harassment and the JRK Properties for not fulfulling thier lease? [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Pro, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Law Pro, Lawyer
Do you care in you have to move from the premises?
I am on Social Security and I would haveto save to be able to move. I have lived here for 4 years and have only been here since May of this year and they are alot younger and they bot work, but of course she goes to career center school. I would be willing to move if the company would pay my expenses but they will not. Do I have a legal leg to stand on. After all I am disabled, a senior citizen and on Secction 8. Do I have any rights at all or can people just be animals and harass people. I have Bi-polar and I can loose control if pushed too far. When my husband died 20 yrs. ago I suffered a nervous break down. I have panic and anxity attacks since 1964. I have degen. disc disease of the neck and spine. I need 2 knee replacements, have blood sugar, hypertenion, should I go on. Hell, I am an old lady, but I have a temper and I fight for my rights. I know there must be some law to protect me.
What city are you in within OH?
Tina, Lawyer