Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

how much notice will i be given

Customer Question
how much notice will i be given
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Jack R., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
notice for what action or condition ?
i am considering voluntary foreclosure how far behind on my payments do i have to be and how much notice will i get before i have to move

Foreclosure proceedings are typically notinitiated until you are behind by more than 3 months. A foreclosue can take as little as 90 days if you do not contest the foreclosure. Once the foreclosure is complete you will have some time before you are forced to leave. This can be 2-4 weeks. An eviction is required, and you will get a least one weeks notice prior to being forced to move.

If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.