Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My property had a sale date about 6-10 months ago. Since then,

Customer Question
the mortgage company, Carrington Mortgage...
My property had a sale date about 6-10 months ago. Since then, the mortgage company, Carrington Mortgage had been postponing the sale and offered a 3 month trial payment plan. Soon after the 3rd payment was made, CMS forgave the 2nd and our modification company aka Secure Doc Prep ( Irvine CA) advised us to renegotiate the 1st, stop paying and turn in all financial documents to them. About 3 months later, the house was sold (10/15/10) without notifcation from CMS. Secure Doc Prep had poor follow up, found out about the sale on 11/23 and told us at that time. Secure Doc Prep had assurred me all along that the 1st was in review with CMS and not to worry. How can I get our property back? Do I have a case to sue Secure Doc Prep or CMS?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 7 years ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

I would suggest that you contact your local real estate attorney immediately. This is a very common problem with all of these loan modification companies who are often time ran by crooks and high school graduates who are not really qualified to handle financial or legal matters.

Your local real estate attorney can look at all your documents and facts and get in touch with the bank's attorney to determine if this situation can be resolved and whether it is feasible to file a claim or a lawsuit against the loan modification company, as many of them are here by day and gone by night types of operations.

If I have answered your question please click on the green accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and effort. Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

In order to get this property back from the bank, what would be the process? Would it entail a "Lease Buyback"? What would be the terminalogy that I need to confirm that the property would be put back in my name?

What are my rights regarding the eviction process?

The answers to your question will depend on your individual situation and there is no way for me to tell without reviewing all the facts and documents that you have.

Can we send you copies to review. Of course, we understand there's a fee.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to form attorney-client relationships through websites or review documents. You can consult your local real estate/foreclosure defense attorney and there are many that offer free or low cost initial consultation.

You can contact California Bar Association to find an experienced, reputable, licensed real estate attorney in your area. The link for the California Bar:

www.calbar.ca.gov

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law