Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

need help in california is there someone here to help me…

need help in california is...
need help in california is there someone here to help me file an injunction to stop a foreclosure. Am I able to file an injunction for this? What is the process and how long does it take?
12/1/2010
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, you are able to file a motion for an injunction but must of course have reasonable grounds to do so. For a foreclosure, it could be an emergency injunction if the foreclosure date is within 30 days, in this case, it would take two weeks or less to be considered depending on the foreclosure date.
The foreclosure is set for 12/8 is that too soon for me to file an injunction.
Hello, no it is not though you should consider retaining counsel to file an emergency motion as soon as tomorrow afternoon.
OK -- any suggestions on who could do that for me. I am in San Diego, California. The property is in Chula Vista (South San Diego COunty).
Hello, unfortunately Just Answer does not permit Legal Experts to offer referrals. However, I can recommend that you contact the San Diego Bar Association Referral Service: https://www.sdcba.org/index.cfm?pg=mainlris
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer