Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If my landlord and I have a verble lease can i just move without…

Customer Question
If my landlord and I...
If my landlord and I have a verble lease can i just move without a notice with basiclly no heat?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer

Under Oregon law statute ORS 90.320 the landlord is obligated to provide heat. When there is no heat you should call the legal services office so they can help you either force the landlord to provide heat or get you out of the month to month lease now. http://www.lawhelp.org/program/694/index.cfm

Since you are month to month by law when there is only a verbal lease, you have to give 30 days notice that you are terminating the lease but if there is no heat you can go to legal services to get out of the lease now.