Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

A friend of mine and myself own a house. we both put the equal

Customer Question
amount of money down on...
A friend of mine and myself own a house. we both put the equal amount of money down on the house, but, his name is XXXXX XXXXX one on the deed. He is married and is filing for divorce. Could he put me on the deed solely?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 7 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable.

Since you are tenants in common, he can legally transfer his share of the house to you. However, that will not prevent his spouse from claiming that she is entitled to compensation from him equal to one fourth of the value of the house.
lwpat
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney