How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JBaxLaw Your Own Question
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 11396
Experience:  Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
JBaxLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to respond to a COMPLAINT TO QUIET TITLE. What will

Resolved Question:

I need to respond to a COMPLAINT TO QUIET TITLE.
What will be the best way to handle this?? Hire an attorney, or using this site as a means to respond to any further legal action?? The land involved is located in New Mexico.
This land was owned by my (deceased) father and his brother (living).
The person requesting a QUIET TITLE is showing where a signature was obtained without a notary stamp, selling the land to her. I believe it is a forgery?
I do not know if this land will be worth the expense to try and retain it??
Also I was not aware my father had this piece of property, so I have not paid any taxes due on the land.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 6 years ago.

I appreciate your use of this service. I will be assisting you with this question. The quiet title action is serious. This should be handled by a local attorney. Do not delay in obtaining a local attorney. There is a time limit for filing an answer. The tax issue will also need to be addressed or a tax lien or certificate sale may also result in the loss of the property.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The information supplied is not legal advice. You may only obtain legal advice from a local attorney in your state. No attorney-client relationship is formed. I appreciate your use of this service.
JBaxLaw and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions