RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

How can we file a complaint against Wells Fargo for mortgage

How can we file a complaint against Wells Fargo for mortgage malfeasance? We sold our property out of foreclosure. The day after I called Wells Fargo I needed a full payoff amount, they filed for foreclosure and then tacked on about $7,000 in foreclosure fees. I had documentation showing that their filing had been made after our notification to them that we were doing a full pay off of the loan. we contacted the president of wells fargo and got nowhere. it was a huge scam for them to get more fees. we paid them so we could close. i see now that wells fargo is being investigated as one of the robo signing banks. we would like the so-called foreclosure fees returned to us but don't know which federal agency we should contact about this.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 6 years ago.
You can contact the Attorney General and have them investigated. You should also be aware that until the loan is paid off in full, they can proceed to foreclose. The fact that you told them you were going to pay it off would not be enough for them to halt the proceedings. They should have provided you upon your request, payoff figures that were good through a specific date, which included all fees and costs. If you did not do this, they could proceed. As far as the $7,000 you can try and work something out to lower those, if you are paying off the loan.