How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42233
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a cash for keys agreement but my new place is not

This answer was rated:

I signed a cash for keys agreement but my new place is not ready. Can an extension be made to the aforementioned agreement? I am a tenant of an investment property. The property was taken over by Fannie Mae on Sept 16,2010.
Thanks for your question.If you signed it here then you are bound to it .Certainly you may have to find something interim here.It might be month to month extended stay or something else.But by signing here you are bound to the agreement and can be sued for breach of contract.I am sorry but it is in your best interest to honor it.
Ray and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you