How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the children are under age...can the the mother (widow)

This answer was rated:

If the children are under age...can the the mother (widow) sign for the quitclaim deed?

No, the mother cannot sign on behalf of the children, and the children can't execute a deed because they're minors.


The only way to get around this is to file a petition in family law court to remove the child's minority to allow them to sign the deed.


The court will appoint a guardian ad litem for the children (lawyer) to make sure doing this is in their best interests, etc.


If you must go this route, I would suggest hiring a local attorney to help you.

Roger and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions