How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to add myself as a defendant in a litigation court case

Resolved Question:

I need to add myself as a defendant in a litigation court case in VA. How do i do that? The clerk at the court said i just couldn't come up there and add my name to the case.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You can file a joinder in this action under Rule 18 of the rules of civil procedure:


You will need to file a motion to be joined as a party to the action.

Roger and 5 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a form for this? Do i just go to the circuit court and ask them for this?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

The Rules of Civil Procedure do not have a form. However, the clerk's office may have one - you'll just have to ask. If they don't, you can try to contact legal aid and get forms or help drafting a petition.