Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I rent a condo in Charlotte NC. There are repairs that I have

I rent a condo in Charlotte NC. There are repairs that I have asked to have fixed in the past 3 years. 1. Daylight comi ng through front door and pests entering. 2. No working fire alarm. 3. Ground dwelling wasps building nest in entire yard. Can I have these things fixed and detuct them from my rent?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You have the right to withhold rent from the landlord until the problems are addressed and fixed.

You need to send a letter to the landlord stating that these problems must be fixed within 10 days, and if they are not, you will withhold rent until the problems are fixed.