Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I just found out today the rental property I live in was sold…

Customer Question
I just found out today...
I just found out today the rental property I live in was sold in foeclosure by a man showing up at my house while my kids were out playing in front of the house and started taking pictures of my house when I asked could I help him he handed me a letter and stated i needed to call these people, now my rent is do on the first my lease expired 6/1/10 so do I pay or request my security deposit to pay july's rent
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/30/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
You must be given 90 days written notice before you can be evicted so long as you continue paying your rent and comply with the lease. If you still have a lease for a term and the new owner did not intend to occupy the home, then you could stay until the end of the lease term.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.
but who do i pay new or old landlord
You will pay the current owner.

Thank you